Globe World

http://clustrmaps.com/site/19gq3?utm_source=globe

Thursday 2 March 2017

Oh no, hooray! Oh no, hooray! What am I supposed to feel like right now. This is supposed to be my day of honour and joy. I am so nervous, and so proud at the same time.
No, no no Ellie, come on, pull it together, you can do this, snap out of it. You are a responsible year 6 and should stand tall.

We are at an assembly for the year 6s (me). To award them a badge that reminds them to stand tall for others and yourself. I'm sitting at the front with all my friends. Soon a video of me comes on. I hide my face in my hands so everyone does not see my tomato red face. Soon it's over, that wasn't so bad, was it.
Once everybody's video has been played, Mr Ritai (our principal ) calls us up on stage to collect our badges. First I have to shake both my teacher's hands and then collect my badge from Mr Ritai. As soon as I have my badge I take a good look at it. It says “Te Kaha.” Which means Stand tall. Stand tall to me means to look out for others and to raise your hand when something needs doing.

I am Ellie and Stand Tall is what I’m gonna do this year.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to you standing tall as the year progresses Ellie. And you don't have to wait for an opportunity. Standing tall can also mean creating opportunities yourself...I wonder if there is anything you would like to develop that will enable you to stand tall?

    ReplyDelete